Jun 01 2008

Meet Seri!

Published by trudee at 10:11 pm under Just chattin'

Hi everyone!

I’ve had a busy weekend. I brought home a new puppy yesterday! Seri was on death row at a shelter in Greenville SC. I was able to save her before they put her down, and now she is mine, allll mine! puppy kiss

serisitstayblog.jpg

Isn’t she gorgeous? It’s unimaginable to me that she almost died at the age of 9 months old, but that is what happens due to overcrowding in shelters. That is why it’s so important to me to rescue my pets. Through no fault of their own, these animals end up suffering horrible conditions. :( There are so many animals that are homeless and deserve a loving home. I find my dogs on Petfinder.com.

You can tell that her beautiful chocolate fur is completely bleached out from living a life outdoors. That makes me sad, but I’m so happy that she now has a chance at a wonderful life. Her fur will grow out and be a deep, rich, shiny brown. I know this, because when I rescued Shelby at the age of 2, she had this same awful fur…it didn’t take too long for hers to grow in!

Seri is soooo smart!!! Already knows her new name, sit, down, and come. She also knows the word “NO!” LOL!

Seri’s name is short for the word Serendipity. Remember I chose that word back in January? I think it suits her perfectly. yes Here’s a few more pictures of my sweet little girl. The last one *cracks me up*!!!
seriboneblog.jpg seriprettyblog.jpg serismilesblog.jpg

Welcome home, Seri! Momma loves you. :)

82 responses so far

82 Responses to “Meet Seri!”

1. Q says:

Welcome home, Seri!!! She will have a wonderful life with you – thank you for rescuing her. Those chocolate brown eyes are so compelling! Have fun with your new companion and may she bring many smiles to you.

2. Jimmi says:

Awwwwwwwww!

She is gorgeous and you are so wonderful to adopt her and spread the word of adoption to everyone that reads your blog…to me it’s the only way imaginable to get a pet!

Enjoy your new family member:)

3. I think both of you are lucky! She, because she has you as an owner, and you because she’s a precious pup for sure. It breaks my heart that so many wonderful dogs are put down just because their previous owners were irresponsible. I don’t want to sound like Bob Barker, but he was right about spaying and neutering your pets so that unwanted puppies aren’t left to this fate. Your new pup was spared because you are such a caring person. Congratulations to you both!

4. Donna Baker says:

she’s a beauty! you are so loving & generous to rescue her. I bet she will be a wonderful addition to your family

5. Terri Moore says:

We just saved a shelter dog last month too. Enjoy her she is beautiful.

6. Oh Trudee! She is a beauty! Sure to bring you lots of joy each and every day! Love her name! Enjoy! :D

7. Kim says:

Seri is so cute! I love that you were able to rescue her. Congratulations on your new baby! We recently rescued a shelter dog too. You can read about that here: http://stampinintherain.blogspot.com/2008/05/meet-georgia.html

8. Beth says:

Ohhhhhh, Trudee! What a sweet, beauty Miss Seri is! Kudos for you and your commitment to rescuing shelter animals. It is heartbreaking that overcrowded shelter situations exist! Seri one lucky little gal to have an awesome Mom like you!

9. Kathy B says:

I love the name you gave her! Congratulations to both of you…I am glad you found each other. I have 2 rescue dogs and I volunteer with a young rescue organization in my town. We have a fundraiser coming up and I’ve made some dog & cat cards for the silent auction. Our adoptable pets are listed on Petfinders, too.

10. Awwwwww, how I would love to photograph her! She’s BEAUTIFUL!!! Yay for YOU, and HUGE BIG YEAHHHHH for her!!! =)

11. Sharon in NE says:

Animal rescue is my biggest soft spot. Thank you. :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Paula H says:

I am so happy you saved her!! I have 5 cats I got from rescue places. Makes me sick that they kill innocent animals. I am so glad you found your new love and she found you!!

13. diane mcvey says:

Oh, she is beautiful! And what a wonderful thing that you have saved her life. . . I’m sure you will have a long, happy time together! Congratulations on your new girl. I’m sure Shelby would approve! :D

14. Congrats on the new puppy! I own a rescued kitten-my brother-in-law found Scruffy and his brother near a water canal near their ranch in Wyoming. Someone had thrown them in the water. He wasn’t able to catch Scruffy for about a week, and Scruffy was near death from starvation. He looked really pathetic, and his name suited him. Bruce nursed him back to health, and gave Scruffy to me in November. He’s my stamping buddy, and although initially we thought he was a gray tabby it turns out he’s a very beautiful Maine Coon-very fluffy and getting very big for a cat (which Maine Coons are). He’s almost as big as our cockapoo, and about 15 pounds-and not a year old yet! He’s very loveable, and it breaks my heart that someone tried to kill him…we had him neutered, and I feel blessed to be his owner.

15. Beth Norman says:

Yes, she certainly is cute!

16. tA Carbone says:

Seri has found a wonderful home I am sure and she is smiling, as the last photo shows, to let everyone know this

Toniann

17. Kittie says:

Trudee, Seri is gorgeous and has the sweetest face ever. I am thrilled that you have a new family member to love and take care of. What a lucky “girls” you both are to have each other.

18. Eileen says:

You’re a girl after my own heart – when we bring a pet in our home they are rescued too! Seri just looks precious! No doubt she has a loving home now and she will give it back a hundredfold.

Congratulations on your new baby :)
    Eileen

19. Marcia says:

What a “Beautiful Dog”. T. I cant wait to come down and be wth her. Love, M…….

20. Ken Vosgien says:

Hey Trudee
    Nice Dog thanks for saving her. Good luck hope to see her sometime bring her up to CT.
    Ken

21. Sue B says:

I’m very happy for you, T. She is beautiful. Love her eyes – wow, are they ever pretty. What a lucky pup! And she matches your new car!

22. Edie says:

She’s a beauty!!!
    My lab pup is 10m old now…I wish you lots of luck! ;)

Bless you for rescuing her!

23. Diane Lapointe says:

That is wonderful that you we’re able to save her! She is gorgeous!!!

24. Vicki Doyle says:

What a beautiful girl! Congratulations to you both. Wishing many, many years of happiness and companionship! Keep smiling, Seri!

25. Katherine says:

What a wonderful thing to do. Seri is a lucky dog. Is you chocolate dog going to get to ride in you new chocolate car? Hmmmm I see a pattern here.

26. Denise says:

She is beautiful! Oh my, I can see how you couldn’t resist those eyes. I don’t rescue dogs from the animal shelter because we travel alot and I don’t have a place to keep them while we are gone, however, we have rescued 3 cats and we love them dearly! I stop by Kiya Koda (our animal rescue league) regularly just to spend some time with the animals and give them some love. It’s always a heart tugging experience.

Denise

27. Pinky says:

Trudee, Seri is so beautiful and to think she was almost not here. I know she will bring you much joy and in return dhe will ever be grateful for your rescue of her! You are a true animal lover and I applaud you for that and saving her life. That third photo looks like one for a pet food commercial…LOL.

Pinky

28. Kim says:

Trudee, congrats on the new addition to your family. I agree that it is so important to rescue. I would love to have a new puppy that’s purebred, but when I see all the cute and loving dogs on petfinder, I realize it doesn’t matter what type or breed the dog is, I just want to rescue it. Someday I imagine I’ll have a yard full of dogs. For right now, my apartment is only big enough for Lucy, our rescued beagle. Thanks for sharing! Kim

29. MaryJo says:

She is beautiful!! We got our first dog, a 3 year old beagle named Molly, from the shelter in 2000. She is a good girl and now is blind but gets around just fine. Congratulations on your new “baby”!

30. Pat says:

She is gorgeous. You are beautiful for giving her a new and loving home.
    We rescued our dog too and he is the most loving and is wonderful addition to our family.

31. Laurie says:

Congratulations on your new addition! June is a big month for you and chocolate! Chocolate mini Cooper and chocolate puppy!

32. Awwwwwwwwwwwwww she’s beautiful Trudee! Congrats! I’m sure you’ll be the perfect family for her. Love her name too!

33. Jana says:

What a doll!!!! Thumbs up to you!!! Im a rescuer too! I have rescued all my pets from horrible conditions. Its so sad what people do to animals…Thank you for sharing you story and I will continue to check back for future pics of your gorgeous LABS.

34. Debbie from Buffalo, NY says:

Hey Trudee…I am so happy for you and your new baby! Thank you for sharing the great pics and especially for urging others to rescue a stray! She’s a beauty and I’m sure she’ll be a great addition to your family. Looking forward to watching her grow! Debbie from Buffalo, NY

35. Susan says:

How stinkin cute! And thank you for rescuing her. She’s beautiful now, but wait until she starts to blossom under all your love. What a great experience you’ll have with her. Enjoy each other!

36. flossie says:

She is adorable, and how wonderful for her and you. I am always so glad when I hear that an animal has been adopted from a shelter, I got my cat Hemingway from a shelter and my other cat Tiger was a ferrel cat that adopted me and is now a house cat, they are both so loving.

37. Karen O. says:

what a beautiful dog!! I am a big fan of rescuing dogs versus buying them from a pet store – so many dogs need to be adopted

38. Regina Davis says:

Seri is absolutely adorable! We, too, rescued our Dachshund (Benjamin) from the Oregon Humane Society about 6 years ago. I’ve had a lot of dogs, but Benjamin is one of the best I’ve ever owned. I hope you and Seri enjoy a long and wonderful life together. Give her a hug for me.

Take care – Regina

39. judy samples says:

Two weeks ago, I adopted a part dachshund from petfinder. What a dangerous website that is! If it weren’t for my DH, I would have 12 dogs and 24 cats, and maybe a pony or two in the back yard! I hope all who read your blog will have their pets spayed and neutered and encourage others to do the same! We now have two “lucky dogs” that we rescued and I can’t imagine life without them – well, maybe life without accidents! That last pup is still teaching us her signals. Congratulations to Seri for picking out such a wonderful home!

Jutta

40. Lynda says:

CONGRATULATIONS to both you and Seri. My heart breaks when I visit the shelter and realize how careless people can be with their pets. Seri is so lucky to have a new home and a loving ‘mom’.

41. Ann C. says:

What a loving home Seri has come to! It breaks my heart at the animals who are mistreated and abandoned. I have 2 rescued dogs, 10 cats and now a litter of 5 kittens left starving and sick in a parking lot. I know there are so many more dogs & cats out there who would be wonderful pets if they had the chance. It is wonderful to see even one more be saved! Thank you Trudee!

42. Donna Mc says:

What a beauty! She is one lucky dog, Trudee. You’ve done a wonderful thing…thank you. Have fun together!

43. gayle says:

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL SOUL! Both of you…

44. Viv (VivLyn) says:

Congratulations to you and Seri! She looks like she’ll be a real beauty! I am totally for adopting unwanted pets also. Even though my last 2 kitties came from PetsMart, it was a no-kill local cat rescue group that has a nice set up inside. I love her smile in the lat picture!

45. Kerry from PA says:

oooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh! (high squeaky voice) I just love puppies. And she is beautiful even with her fur on the faded side. The picture of her smiling just cracks me up. We also adopt our pets from the local shelter (I need a farm ’cause I want to adopt them all). I’m sure you’ll both be blessed.

46. Dolores says:

Bless you for adopting the adorable Seri. I know she is so grateful….wish we could save all of them. All animals have a great big soft spot in my heart…I love them so.

47. Leslie Springer says:

Welcome Home New Puppy!!!

48. Conniecrafter says:

she is a cutie, a big welcome to your new family member!

49. Laura M. says:

Congratulations on your new baby! And thanks for blogging about it — maybe others will be inspired to do the same. All of my furry friends come from the Humane Society and I have never been sorry. To the contrary, I’ve been privileged. May the two of you enjoy a long and happy life together!

50. Linda Bullard says:

Oh Trudee! Seri is just beautiful, and definitely a very lucky dog!!! Bless you both. And I do love her sly smile in the last photo. She’s definitely going to liven things up around your homestead! :o ) Linda

51. Anne Lieder says:

Lurker coming out of lurkdom to congratulate you on a beautiful find! What a wonderful dog she will be (after those rotten puppy years… we know they happen, we just live through them).

I can’t believe this PUPPY was on death row. This just reminds me how important it is to spay and neuter your pets people!

Oh, you’re scrapbook pages are going to be filling up with pictures of this fine looking dog. Thank you for saving her life.

52. Queen Mary says:

She is definitely a cutie!

53. Nimue says:

Bless you a million times over. – Nimmy

54. Kiko says:

She is indeed gorgeous!!! What lucky girls both of you are to have found each other, and what a wonderful thing you did for her. Congratulations on your new baby! She is a perfect match for your new chocolate MINI!

55. Michelle says:

She’s beautiful! I’m sure she’s very thankful you rescued her and will love her to death!

56. Sandy says:

your new “friend” will look great in your soon to be Chocolate Car! :)

57. How awesome of you!! She is a cutie!!

58. KAT says:

Seri is wonderful…. The last phot looks like she is smiling about her new happy home!!! You are wonderful for saving her!

59. Debra says:

What a great dog! Good for you for adopting from a shelter!! It’s really hard to believe they put down dogs like that. She’s a beauty! I think she knows how lucky she is though . . look at that smile on her face. . . .

60. Val says:

Love her! And she knows how much she is loved by you, you can see it in her face!
    We believe in shelter babies, too. Our Riley was rescued as well.

61. Kheila says:

OMG she’s such a beauty! Lucky Seri to have found such a wonderful home.

62. Sarah Peale says:

Oh, Trudee! She is gorgeous! Enjoy every moment with your new baby!

63. Sandra Smart says:

oh, she is beautiful! And so are you for having such a great spirit for saving those animals. God bless you!

64. Troy Louise says:

What a wonderful person you are & a beautiful life you have saved. We recently lost our rescued girl after eleven years. I feel so blessed to have had her & always knew that she was thankful we gave her a loving home. Bless you & your Seri!

65. Mary K says:

What a sweet puppy! She’s lucky you found her–she’ll have a great doggie life ahead of her. I got my Sadie cat when she was 5 yrs old from a shelter and she’s almost 12 now. Rescued animals seem to know and appreciate how much better their life is once they live with someone who cares about them.

I don’t think I could get a pet anywhere else knowing how many great animals are waiting in shelters and being put down every day. I know I’m not alone in wishing I could take them all home with me.

66. Shel9999 says:

:) She’s a lucky, lucky pup!!!! I’m so glad you found her, T!

67. dawn says:

labs are one of my favorite breeds! she’s so sweet! and she even matches your new car!

68. Danielle says:

Oh Trudee she’s gorgeous! I am in complete agreement with you…I will be heading to the shelter myself once my boys are ready for a dog. My cat was at the (no kill) shelter for 2 years before I adopted her…I still want to cry when I think about that! You are both lucky to have each other. I hope you will share more pictures with us in the future! And I LOVE her smile!!

69. Stacy says:

Congrats on your new pup, she is beautiful! Enjoy!

70. Gina Wrona says:

AWESOME! I JUST LOVE HER AND YOU FOR SAVING HER LIFE!
    YOU ROCK SISTAH!

71. Terri Conrad says:

Hi Trudee,

Suri’s a little love! My baby, Shayna, is from our local sheter – that was exactly 3 years ago. Lot’s of joy to you.

terri

72. Candy aka cwilliams says:

Congrats Trudee she is adorable!!

73. Clara says:

Big congrats to you and your new girl! I also get my pets from shelters and it’s so sad to see how many are there, knowing that often times they don’t end up getting a new forever home. She’s so cute, and I hope you have many wonderful years together!! She’s a happy girl, you can see it in the picture of her smiling. :)

74. Judy says:

Congratulations on your new family member. Rescue dogs are wonderful. We did dog rescue for two years and it really breaks your heart at the number of dogs that are considered throw aways. We were able to help nearly 40 dogs and we rescued and adopted five for our family.
    We took in one Min Pin girl, 11-1/2 years old. She had spent her entire life in a kennel. We had her for three years and spoiled her rotten. She died last year at 14-1/2 years of age but I try to comfort myself by saying she had three very good years and she was “my grand old dame”. I miss her terribly. I will never forget her spunk and ability to survive in a not so good life.

75. Beth M says:

Oh what a cutie! You are both very lucky to have found each other.

Gotta love petfinder! Here’s our two ‘finds –

76. mary says:

Trudee,
    I feel compelled to say what a cool, generous, funny, talented person I think you are – someone I could call “friend”. You prove your talent with the awesome projects you display here. You have a loving heart for all the unfortunate animals who so desperately need a loving home. And your excitement over your new car – a birthday present to yourself – is palpable. You are a neat, multi-faceted person. Hold on to those traits – they will carry you far and win the admiration of all the right people.
    Hugs to you for saving the life of one more precious pet.
    -mary

77. Judy says:

Boy, what a cute cute puppy!!! Love the pic with the big SMILE! Hey, you are really on a “chocolate” kick!!! First the car, then the dog!!! LOL Thanks for saving another precious life!

78. Trudi says:

Trudee,

I loved everything about this post. What a wonderful person you are, and what a lucky Seri to have a person like you in her life. I have a feeling you two will bring lots and lots of joy to each other.

Trudi

79. Debbie Olson says:

Oh, Trudee! I’m so happy that you found sweet Seri!

80. Diana says:

Trudee – I am so happy for you and Seri could not have been rescued by a better family. It is so wonderful to take an animal from a shelter or rescue program – I truly wish more people would do that and stop buying puppies – the mills will only stop if that happens. Congrats again.

81. leslierich says:

Awwwwww, lucky Seri! Lucky you! You’ll be in chocolate heaven with your matching Seri and Cooper! My animals have all been rescued in some way or other. Of course, they’re not pedigreed but they’re beautiful and all the more loved. I’m so glad Seri has found such a perfect home!

82. I just wanted to say think you for this post. I was up late, and read it the day you posted it, and went looking on Petfinder just for kicks. I found a few dogs that looked great, but I wasn’t sure my family and I were ready for a dog. After a few weeks of thinking about it, we found Lexi on Petfinder through a local Australian Shepherd rescue group. It was love at first sight, and she’s home with us now. I’m so glad I read your post that night… it put the wheels in motion to a really great decision.

THANKS!
    Dana

P.S. Your dogs are too cute in the back of your car!